4.13.2009

Easter Festivities

As I type, I'm uploading pictures from today. I would have done this much, much sooner than now but when I sat down to do it, I found out my camera was in the car, and the car was with Heath at work. I hate it when I do that.

I don't know that I can say we had a "happy" Easter or not. We woke up to lots of rain and a yard full of mud, so automatically that meant moving the egg hunt indoors. When I got Isaac up and got him dressed, he's still suffering with some kind of cold. He's got a bad cough and a runny nose, and you could tell he felt miserable. To be quite honest with you, I knew the day was going to be a disaster from the moment I stepped outside the house. Isaac jumped in a mud puddle the second we got outdoors, because Heath refused to carry him so that he wouldn't get his good pants dirty and I had an armful with an Easter basket and my camera and purse and other goodies. Then when we got to my aunt's house, everybody else was sick as well, so nobody really felt like doing an egg hunt. Nonetheless, we went on with it. First Isaac threw a fit and refused to have anything to do with his Easter baskets or the egg hunt. We had to show him that he had a ton of goodies in those baskets, including tons of toy cars and Cars memoribilia. My teenage cousin was throwing a fit as well, of which I have nil patience for. He's 14 though and not my child, so what could I do? Just smile and nod. Then we had a struggle getting Isaac in the mood to hunt eggs. Right before we decided to just forget the whole thing, he found one egg and he was off and running! There was no stopping that kid. Everytime he would find a new egg, he would tighten up his entire body and let out this high-pitched giggle that just made my day. He would have to stop every now and then to crack one open and see what kind of candy was inside. We finally left around one, as I had to be at work at two to help the boy who was there open, because he doesn't know how to open. I wasn't in that great of a mood when I got there, and I was in an even worse mood when I left. My boss, who also happens to be my best friend since 7th grade forgot to mention to me that we had a 9ft party sub going out 30 minutes after open. For me, a party sub of that length takes at least 45 minutes to an hour to make, and I finally got done with my part of the opening duties at 2:30. You do the math. It didn't help that the customer showed up 30 minutes early to pick it up, so he had to wait because I wasn't done with it. I was just a little disappointed, because had I known, I could have been a bit more prepared. I could have come in just a few minutes early to help with a little offset of time. And then tonight - couldn't find my camera, didn't feel all that great, and learned I have to go in to work early and probably won't get out until later than I'm supposed to - which does not thrill me at all. I guess hopefully I will be over it in the morning.

Here are some pictures from this afternoon:

And here are yet a couple more from when Isaac asked me to take pictures of his "funny faces":


The kid is so comical when he wants to be. And he picks up on things so easily. He picked this up from Yo Gabba Gabba. (Side note: If you'll notice in my "When I Became Your Mother" layout, I've lost my mind to this show. It's hiding somewhere in Foofa's flowers or something, because they clearly have it. I can't even watch the show with him because it leaves me braindead for hours. True story.) At two, he can already count to 10 (15 if he really wants to), and he can recognize some of his colors. ABC's are a little challenging, but he knows almost every animal and will point them out if he sees them in the little packages of embellishments if we go to Hobby Lobby. This kid sometimes knows things even I don't know or recognize. He has the best eyes and ears I've ever seen. He can hear a train from literally, a mile away, even when us old fogeys hear nothing. I keep telling my husband that he will come home one day and tell us he wants to go to an Ivy League school. And that will be the day my scrapbooking hobby ends because there will be NO extra money lol.

I guess I'd better head off to bed, but I want to do a little bit of name-dropping before I go. First, Tiffany (InspiredbyDominic) is having a 25% off sale in both of her stores. Her kits are so fabulous, she has to be one of my favorite designers ever. I'm on her CT, and I have talked to her almost every day for about a week. She is a fantastic person, she has helped me so much with all this scary stuff with just starting off designing, and I've seen some of her new stuff coming out and it's just fantastic. You need to go pick up something of hers that you like, because this sale will only last from the 13th to the 19th. Go to her blog for more details.

Tiff's Blog

I also almost forgot to tell you that I'm uploading Easter pictures and others to my Webshots album. I will eventually put the link in the sidebar, but for now, here it is.

My Webshots

I will get to bed now. I will probably blog tomorrow again. Have a good night. Hope everyone else had a great Easter!

No comments:

Post a Comment